Mondays are typically when most people post “back on track” days or “detoxing” recipes. I on the other hand, would like to start to frame up Mondays as a glorification day for some of the amazing food that I had over the weekend.
I have no shame.
This weekend, was no exception. On Sunday AM, me and the main philly guy in my life (we can call him PG “philly guy” moving forward – he is typically my partner in crime at most restaurants I go to so odds are he’ll be popping up quite frequently) took a leisurely stroll to Sabrina’s in the Italian Market. I’ve been to Sabrina’s once before with a girlfriend back in the fall, and had really enjoyed it. I haven’t been back since it’s a little off of the beaten path, and there is typically a wait, but I figured on a lazy Sunday when neither of us was about to eat our own stomachs, this might be the perfect fit.
- Right near Italian Market which is an awesome place to check out if you are in the Philly area
- High quality food that is really different but tastes awesome
- Huge portions
- Friendly staff
- Family friendly
- Huge portions (can be a bit much – literally the french toast looked like a half loaf of challah)
- Family friendly (depends on whether you want babies near you at breakfast)
- No alcohol (depends on your feelings around having a boozy brunch – but at least good to know ahead of time)
- No reservations & typically a wait (we waited 30 minutes)
I was not all that starving so I opted for the Tofu Veggie scramble. It was a little different than I thought as it was entirely vegan, all tofu / no eggs, but still delicious. PG got some monstrocity that included banana bread french toast topped with eggs, sausage and gravy.
I don’t understand how he was functioning afterwards but to each their own right?!
Overall recommendation: 4/5 forks!
Definitely a restaurant to take family / friends out to if you don’t mind waiting a bit and want a delicious breakfast that will suite just about anyones taste buds