With this new paleo diet, I’ve been experimenting with a lot more meat dishes at home. Its definitely a new thing for me, and I’m not entirely sure how I feel about massaging together meat, spices, and onions…but perhaps I’ll get used to it :-/
Last night though, I was pretty darn impressed with my creation! I was feeling especially inspired by my Italian side and could not shake the craving for meatballs!
All in all, it was pretty simple to put together, and didn’t take long at all.
It even included a special ingredient – check out the recipe to find out!
- 1 package of grass-fed lamb
- 1/2 sweet onion, chopped
- salt, pepper, spices (I used basically whatever was in my cabinet)
- 1 1/2 C shredded coconut
- 1 egg
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Mix up lamb, onion, salt, pepper, and spices in a bowl
3. Shape meatballs - use an ice cream scooper or spoon to try to have them all be the same size.
4. Roll meatballs in the shredded coconut and place in baking dish.
5. Bake for 30 minutes. [Make sure the insides are done]